Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Linux Saga Continues

After talking to Phil yesterday about video driver problems I've decided to load a version on Ubuntu 10.10 on a VM so we have the same setup. I can't figure out why I'm limited to an 800x600 display even if I load the Nvidia drivers (which Phil said was the wrong thing to do from within the VM). Hopefully I'll get a copy of VMWare from Phil tonight and then we will both have the (almost) exact same setup. I'm running VirtualBox from Oracle right now.

It's gorgeous out and I'm trying to think of something to do outside, even if it's sit at Starbucks and read. I should go and take Giz along. I did print out some books on Linux Admin and CSS today so I have some reading to catch up on now. I should swing by the library too and see if they have that Dragon book (I can't remember the exact title now but it's been recommended a number of times).

Had a very nice evening with the girls (Michelle, Melissa, Sherrie, and two others) at Gordon Biersch last night. Nice down time and just talking for a few hours.

Suddenly a nice crowd has signed up for Studio Diner on Tuesday (nine people). I'm hoping for a good time to help me get the dining group jump started for Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment